10 March 2007

Dare 44- TEXTURE!!!!

Dare 44 is up and it's TEXTURE. I loved this picture of 'the tall blonde one' collapsed on the floor- with such long legs and with so many of us in the house the floor is usually covered in sprawling sprogs! This is kinda funny because my Mum used to complain about my sprawling tendencies and those of my brother when he visited. She complained that we had sofas so why didn't we use them??!!
I emphasised the textured elements of the layout by keeping everything else very simple and paired back. Brown paper (from an envelope!) was pleated and sewn onto the layout- I had intended to sew for added texture but in fact I HAD to sew as brown paper is immune to any sort of glue!! Very frustrating!! Squares were torn also stitched on.
The title was created from Stampboard due partly to a discussion with my pals about how we had Stampboard stashed away and WHAT did you do with it!! It was the impetus I needed to dig it out and have a play! I have to say the Distress Inks (shades of blue) went onto the Stampboard a dream and then I had a great time scraping into the chalky surface to reveal the bright white contrasting surface beneath for a textured border to each letter.
Stampboard is OUT IN THE OPEN now and will be experimented with again!! I LIKE IT!!
Dymo tapes for that grungy 'boy' look was added to complete the layout.
Get on over to the Everyone is Speshal site to see everyone's take on Texture!

No comments: