22 April 2012

Bombshell Stamps - a Quick Tip

Hi there!
I love to colour in my Bombshells then cut them out and add them to my cards- sometimes raised up on foam pads.
Cutting out can be tricky but with practise it is possible to get a good result!
Here's a little tip I use to make those cut out stamped images look a little less snaggy:
Here's the little Koi from the Lotus Garden Bombshell set which I've coloured and cut out



I've done an OK job but some of the ripples around his fins and tail were too fine to cut accurately and could look a little snaggy so:

I take a sponge applicator and some dark ink- I like Walnut Distress Ink and apply all round the edge of the stamped image, work it into the corners so all the white card stock edges are covered.


With the white edges of the card stock covered the stamped outline shows up much better and makes your cutting out look MUCH neater!


Much neater, hiding any less than perfect cut edges!



Anyway that's my first tip for making your stamped Bombshells look even better- I'll be back with another one next month!

Happy crafting!
GlitteryKatie
xxXxx

1 comment:

Erin said...

beautiful love the koi fish and i love the card LO xx