I'm in love with 12x12 acrylic *sigh* Gorgeous, gorgeous GORGEOUS stamps from Fancy Pants- I tell you I'm in LUST!!! So they are expensive but by jingo look at these beauties and you get 30+ stamps in a set and full of Grungy Goodness!!!
29 September 2007
26 September 2007
25 September 2007
22 September 2007
- Women over 50 don't have babies because they would put them down and forget where they left them.
- One of life's mysteries is how a 2-pound box of chocolates can make a woman gain 5lbs.
- My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.
- The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
- The nice part about living in a small town is that
when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.
- The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends.
- Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.
- Sometimes I think I understand everything, and then I regain consciousness. I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting fire to my knickers..
- Every 7 minutes of everyday, someone in an aerobics class pulls a hamstring.
- Amazing! You hang something in your closet for a while and it shrinks 2 sizes!
- Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like... "You know, sometimes I forget to eat!" .....Now, I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name and my keys. But I have never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat!
- A friend of mine confused her Valium with her birth control pills...she has 14 kids but doesn't really care.
- My body is not all that communicative but I heard from it the other day after I said "Body, how would you like to go to the six o'clock class of vigorous toning?" Clear as a bell my body said "Listen bitch.....do it and die."
- The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing and then they marry him.
- I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are - eating too much; impulse buying and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That's my idea of a perfect day!
Posted by Glittery Katie at 7:52 pm
21 September 2007
This week we are celebrating summer! I had to go back to 1973 because let's face it this year wasn't the greatest of summers was it??!! I kept it very simple without embellishments because the paper is so bright and detailed. I used a cutout technique on the paper. First I laid the photo on the paper and marked where it crossed over the larger flowers. I then used a craft knife to cut around these flowers so I could overlay on the photograph to form a frame.
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey
Other: QuicKutz Revolution Washington Font, Abigail Font and Circles
Posted by Glittery Katie at 10:43 am
18 September 2007
17 September 2007
Love, LOVE, LOVE these Mayflower papers from Lily at the Scrapshed and I FABULOUS!!!! I love vintage/ shabby chic style papers and I have a definite THING about red!!! LOL
I also received one of the Doodling Templates and diligently created my own scallop edge piece of 12x12 paper *smug grin*
FAR too many nice things in that shop!!!!
Posted by Glittery Katie at 8:45 pm
15 September 2007
Just by chance I found he MOST delicious site full of yummy 'things' to drool over!! Especially the Christmas houses which are SO frosty and wonderful!! We chortled about the deadly German Glass glitter that was used and much use was made of dodgy german accents at this point!! So go to the Inspire Company for some eye candy!
Posted by Glittery Katie at 9:29 am
14 September 2007
Collectively Yours is back after the holidays!!!! And we are celecrating (tee-hee) all the little ones going back to school!
I have a bit of a backlog of school portraits that I intend to crack on with! I don't want them to end up looking the same- a danger as I tend to choose papers with complimentary colour schemes. I hope to reflect some of my children's personalities in the LO's. They are a lovely way of recording how much children change year to year- I think because they are wearing the same clothes and they are posed in the same way- the facial changes as they grow are MORE noticeable than in informal photos.
Patterned Papers: 7gypsies; Daisy D's Moda; K&Co Amy Butler.
Stickers: Creative Imaginations.
Letters: Various QuicKutz Alphabets
Posted by Glittery Katie at 9:28 pm
My Order from Artbase and Scrapshed arrived this week Yippee!!!!
So I'm hosting a Halloween ATC swap and my Making Memories Halloween stickers arrived- so lovely! Also I'm taking part in a Christmas ATC swap so I had a few Chrissy things arrive too!
I'm loving the Ranger Paint Dabbers which I am slowly buying useful colours from Scrapshed and I was spoilt with some delicious Rusty Pickle May Flower papers which I will stroke first before using!!
Posted by Glittery Katie at 10:12 am
13 September 2007
Ok I'm slow coming to this but we've been dutifully watching since Heroes started on BBC2- and OMG we LOVE it- totally hooked!!!!
Here's a kt stylee assessment- full of depth as usual *snorts*
Hiro and Ando are so sweet!
Peter Petrelli is lovely (but what's with the wonky lip!!!)
Claire- UGH put those ribs away!!!
Anthan Petrelli- sleezy but GORGEOUS!!
DL- I'd snog him!!
Niki- kick ass!!
Isaac- cute but why is he hanging out with weird skinny- poppy eyed woman?
Mohinder- I like, especially the way he talks!
Matt- he's lovely!
Mr Bennet- scarey creepy guy.
The Hatian- He's creepy but I definitely would!
Hiro is my all time, hands down fave cos he's so dedicated, enthusiastic and kinda wacky!!!!
Go Hiro, Go!!!!
Posted by Glittery Katie at 5:29 pm
10 September 2007
Recently the 'Crew' have gone back to school with much wailing and gnashing of teeth!! Mind you I don't blame them - it was a very laid back Summer hols and it is hard to go back to the routine of school! In preparation for school clothes were bought, 2nd mortgage was taken out for shoes (tee-hee!), last minute panic buying sessions to Woolies for pens, pencils and other forgotten sundries and they were ready! And the deed was done which left me and Willow on our ownsome! We are getting into a routine with the school run and walkies. I must say- this walkies business is not the chore I imagined it would be- I actually .....enjoy it *gasps* :O)
No really- there are a pack of dog owners who go to the park near us and it's a joy to go and chat.
Willow has puppy pals she rolls around with (feet and ears flying!) and she meets the older dogs and learns how to interact with them properly! I meanwhile chatter away to the owners who are a great source of information and sometimes comforting words- when I am a panicy puppy owner (remember this is my FIRST dog!)
My Miss Willow is getting BIG!!!! Must be because I keep feeding her-Hmmmmm maybe reduced rations will stunt the ever growing chilluns too and save on the clothes bill??!! AS IF!!!!!!!Hee-hee!!!!
As well as walkies- snoozies seem to be a big part of the regime- very strenuous but we do our part!!
Posted by Glittery Katie at 5:44 pm
6 September 2007
3 September 2007
It was Niece's 17th birthday yesterday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!) and I made her a card and sent her Brother a little something as I was horribly LATE for his birthday (July was a lost month what with Willow arriving!!) Sorry Nephew- hope you like the pressy!!! *mwah MWah*
Posted by Glittery Katie at 5:09 pm
2 September 2007
Does anyone know where I put my Doodlebug House??!!
I have the urge to decorate it and I cannot find it :( Slightly worrying is that I found the package but not the house *puzzled look*
OK have vague memory of taking it ti archie's house ages ago so I would have had it in my bag- off to look!
I mean there's not that many places in the Old Oak Tree for it to be *sigh*
Posted by Glittery Katie at 11:51 am