21 December 2011

Bombshell Miss December's Challenge

Torrey is Miss December and her challenge to us this month is:

Now I bet you’re all anticipating that this month’s challenge will have something to do with the Holidays. If so, you’d be Miss Staken, as it has NOTHING to do with the Holidays, whatsoever (that is unless YOU want it to). Want a hint? Here’s a little “word-association” glimpse into my creative psyche to guide y’all to our theme this month. This could be scary. Ready?
December – Christmas – Snow – Cold – Hot – Radiator – SteamPunk
(you with me?)…and that leads us to this month’s CHALLENGE… 

....“Hot and Steamy” – a Steampunk challenge.

I LOVE steampunk so I was very excited about this challenge.
At first I did toy with turning the Ship from Homeward Bound into a flying steampunk vehicle but then decided to use  Rose's Portrait  instead !



 I used clear shrink plastic to make the small cogs from the Tim Holtz Sizzix Die for Rose's hair and to decorate the card. My daughter thought Rose looked like the 'Eye patch lady' from the recent series of Doctor Who but I think Rose looks much kinder than her!

Supplies
Copic Pens E15, E18, E00, E02, E11, E21, C1-09 and 100, R85, R22, R29
Spectrum Noir Pens
Tim Holtz Lost and Found Paper Stack
Tim Holtz Steampunk background Stamp
Sizzix Cogs and Gears Die
Movers and Shapers Gears Die
Shrink Plastic
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Distress Ink
Copper Ink
Copper Tape

 See all the projects on the Bombshell Blog and see how you can win great bombshell Prizes!

Happy Crafting!
GlitteryKatie

XxXxX

6 comments:

MaRyKaY said...

Wow that is gorgeous. I too love Steampunk era. You did a great job on this. very very steampunk.
awesome

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

Absolutely Stunning!!! You have done a wonderful job on your card!!! Happy Holidays!!!

Mary G. said...

KATIE!!! (Yes, I'm yelling!) This is gorgeous!!!! Steampunk in all very new to me, but so far, I'm loving it! :) Your card is fabulous!

ike said...

Wonderful creation. This is gorgeous. I may whizz over and join in this challenge. :-) xxx

Kathi said...

This is totally fabulous. I love the cog flower, her shawl, her eye patch, and your coloring!

Laura B said...

I love this so much!! She's gorgeous! And definitely nicer looking than Madame Kovarian.:)