24 May 2010

Grunge!

I love the grungy, inky style of crafting. I find this style is great for scrapping teenagers and it lends itself to the Goth/Emo look really well!




Here I was scrapping black and white photos of one of my nieces (who was trying to avoid me taking photos Mwahahaha!). I upped the contrast of the photos to give a more arty look and I rubbed the edges of them with a sanding block for a distressed look. I continued the distressed look by roughing up the edges of the photo mats.

I kept with a black and white palate for the layout to give it a smart, funky look.



The papers are a mix of Theresa Collins, 7gypsies and October Afternoon.I ripped the papers and crumpled them, then over laid them and stitched them onto the base paper with my sewing machine.


I pleated a 1.5" strip of paper and stitched this along one edge for texture.




I used lots of different types of embellishments: I used several Tim Holtz journal tickets which I stamped on and inked with Distress Inks. I used Stampotique stamps and Stamper's Anonymous.




I used some stickers but added some dimension by sticking a Tim Holtz Fragment over the top.

I used the new Sizzix Alterations dies to cut some tags which I painted and then journalled on- I also cut some large flowers from Grungepaper and sheet music paper which I inked and added a decorative brad for the centre. I used the wonderful flying heart die- I cut the pieces from chipboard which I covered in some patterned paper. The top of the heart I covered with black embossing powder for a really deep, shiny black finish.




So that's my layout- I hope my Niece likes it although she might kill me for taking the photos!!

Happy Crafting!

Glittery Katie
xxXxx

3 comments:

Sarah Keerie said...

beautiful as always. And, makes a mental note that my sewing machine is not just for fabric!!

Lalo said...

Love It!!!
awesome page with a lot of awesome details :)

Kathi said...

Wow! This is fantastic!!! So many fabulous details. Total eye candy!