7 December 2008

Glittery for Christmas




I love my Tilda stamps and I've been playing and getting glittery!
I've been making good use of my Cuttlebug Embossing folder to create the snowy background. I embossed some Making Memories blue paper then sanded it to bring the white core of the paper through- I was rather pleased with the effect!
Tilda and Hos (the horse!) were stamped on white card using my fave black ink pad Versafine and coloured using water colour pencils.

TIP ~ I just colour along the edges of the design then use a water brush to moisten the colour and pull it across the rest of the stamped image. This way you get a lovely graduated colour that gives depth to the finished image.

The fiddly bit is cutting the images out but I took my time and minded my fingers (finger is healing nicely now!) and mounted the images onto the cards with double sided tape.
To add to the effect of snow paint some light blue around the edges of the white cardstock you use for snowy ground and paint blue where feet touch the snow as well.

I went to town with the glitter- Stickles on all the white snow and nice thick silver for a frame!! 'Tis everywhere in the Old Oak Tree!!

No comments: